Current Issue: January 2016 DHJO Volume 9, Issue 1
To learn more about the Disability and Health Journal please visit http://www.aahd.us/disability-and-health-journal/
To read the abstracts from the latest issue and learn about the submission process, please visit http://www.disabilityandhealthjnl.com.
Please use the AAHD website “Search” to locate DHJO articles.
The Disability and Health Journal is the official journal of the American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD). The Journal is a peer reviewed scientific, scholarly, and multidisciplinary journal and is indexed on Medline and PsycInfo. The Disability and Health Journal focuses on:
- health promotion and wellness initiatives for people with disabilities
- programs to reduce the incidence of secondary conditions in people with disabilities
- ways to reduce the health disparities between people with disabilities and the general population
- evaluative research on new interventions, technologies and programs
- reports of empirical research on the characteristics of persons with disabilities, environments, health outcomes, and determinants of health
- systematic reviews of research literatures in health and disability
- the conceptual framework of the international classification of functioning, disability and health to describe health and health related states
- existing and emerging models of healthcare delivery/promotion which contribute to the improvement of healthcare across the lifespan
- public health, health promotion, health education, wellness and prevention
- population based studies
The Journal is of interest to health related academic researchers, physicians, public health officials and professionals, epidemiologists, biostatisticians, health and wellness promotion specialists, health administrators and health policy experts.
Suzanne McDermott, PhD,
Arnold School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
Margaret A. Turk, MD,
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Pediatrics, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
Articles may be submitted electronically through the online submission system. Please visit http://ees.elsevier.com/dhjo to learn about the submission process, instructions for authors and to manage the status of your submission.
AAHD members will receive the Journal as part of their AAHD membership. AAHD is offering a special discounted price for members at $100.00/year which includes 4 issues of the Disability and Health Journal. The price for non members is $264.00.
Please visit www.aahd.us/membership to join AAHD and receive the quarterly hard copy of the journal, and have FREE access to the DHJO online. Read full-text articles, access back issues, submit abstracts for consideration, and read about the DHJO Editorial Board at www.disabilityandhealthjnl.com.