Learn more about Disability Research and Dissemination Center (DRDC)
and 2015 Research Opportunities at
Dedicated to improve overall health and reduce health disparities for people with disabilities through health promotion and wellness.
News to Use
AAHD Launches 2015 Membership Campaign….click here.
Disability and Health Data System webinar. The archived webinar can be found here.
NCBDDD Research RFA’s released January 20th, 2015. Click here.
Friends of NCBDDD Webinar: Uncovering the Power of Data: Disability and Health Data Systems (DHDS)..More info.
White House Announces Disability Hiring Guide for Employers. The guide can be downloaded here: PDF.
National Disability Navigator Resource Collaborative (NDNRC) releases new Fact Aheets -February 2015: Click here.
AAHD - Disability & Health Journal, January 2015 issue available here.
Disability and Public Health News….click here for weekly update.
AAHD Quoted in Mental Health Weekly Challenges for 2015..more info.
Congress passes ABLE Act – Dec. 17th, 2014 More info here.
Visit AAHD Public Policy Center for Latest Policy Updates
Visit AAHD’s National Disability Navigator Resources Collaborative to learn about ACA Enrollment and 2015 Community Outreach Collaboratives at www.nationaldisabilitynavigator.org
National Council on Aging leads first ever National Falls Prevention Resource Center – visit www.ncoa.org/improve-health/center-for-healthy-aging/falls-prevention
Pacific Rim International Conference on Disability May 2015: www.pacrim.hawaii.edu
AAHD and Drexel University On Line form partnership for tuition reduction for AAHD members – More info here.
AAHD is Expanding our AAHD State/Regional Liaison Program in 2015!
National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research 2014 Program Highlights
February NIDRR report; beginning in 2015 the name of the Institute has been expanded to: National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research
Learn more here.
NCBDDD Improving The Health of People with Disabilities 2014 Program Highlights
CDC National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, division annual report
Learn more here.
Newborn Screening: State Initiatives at Quality Improvement
January 28 Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASHTO) webinar
Learn more here.
NCBDDD Birth Defects Research and Prevention 2014 Program Highlights
Join AAHD Today to
Support the health and wellness of people with Disabilities through research, public awareness, education and advocacy.
- Subscription to the peer reviewed Disability and Health Journal, newsletters, and other publications
- Access to current scientific, programmatic and policy information through AAHD initiatives, Resource Center, and Website
- Representation on Capitol Hill, with federal agencies and on national coalitions
- Tell us. Do you want to BECOME an AAHD Liaison! Check out this new opportunity! RT and share with your followers! http://t.co/PB1HSb82Kf about 11 hours ago
- CHECK out the NEWLY RELEASED Article - Persons With Disabilities as an Unrecognized Health Disparity Population... http://t.co/qehw6iRIKA about 11 hours ago
- CHECK out the NEWLY RELEASED Article - Persons With Disabilities as an Unrecognized Health Disparity Population http://t.co/frCcHfZLhj about 11 hours ago