Learn more about Disability Research and Dissemination Center (DRDC)
and 2014 Research Opportunities at www.disabilityresearchcenter.com
Dedicated to improve overall health and reduce health disparities for people with disabilities through health promotion and wellness.
News to Use
Time for a Health Insurance Check Up 2015 Click here.
AAHD Receives Year Two Funding for NDNRC – More info here.
White House Summit and Research Forum on Improved Health and Fitness for Americans with Disabilities. For more info, click here.
AAHD - Disability & Health Journal, October 2014 issue available here.
Tutorial Videos for Accessing Data on the Health of People with Disabilities. To access the videos, click here.
Visit AAHD Public Policy Center for Latest Policy Updates
Disability and Public Health in Media….click here for weekly update.
New On Line Training Modules: Project Accessibility USA
CMS Announces Opportunity to Apply for Navigator Grants in Federally-Facilitated and State Partnership Marketplaces: www.grants.gov . Search for CFDA 93.332 or Funding Opportunity CA-NAV-14-002.
CMS posts Special Enrollment Period and Medicaid/Chip screener tool at www.healthcare.gov/screener
Visit the updated National Center on Health Physical Activity and Disability website (May 2014) www.nchpad.org
AAHD Launches 2014 Membership Campaign….click here.
“Getting the Right Health Care: How the NDNRC Can Help” Webinar – See PowerPoint.
Project Accessibility Launches Breast Health Resource Portal: www.project-accessibility-usa.org
CDC: Disability and Health Data System Click here.
Person-Centered Integrated Long-Term Services and Supports through Health Information Technology
October 16 Administration for Community Living (ACL) and Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC) forum agenda and presentation slides
Learn more here
National Association of Chronic Disease Directors Seek Data and Success Stories for Their New Database Website
Maryland-Texas-Utah: County Public-Private Health Partnerships
New publication of the National Association of Counties (NACo)
Learn more here
Michigan: YMCA-Department of Community Health Wellness Promotion Partnership
Join AAHD Today to
Support the health and wellness of people with Disabilities through research, public awareness, education and advocacy.
- Subscription to the peer reviewed Disability and Health Journal, newsletters, and other publications
- Access to current scientific, programmatic and policy information through AAHD initiatives, Resource Center, and Website
- Representation on Capitol Hill, with federal agencies and on national coalitions
- Issue #39-AAHD's weekly e-newsletter, Disability and Public Health in the Media, just released. http://t.co/vAjGrnbqn4 about 2 days ago
- RT @ReeveFoundation: Christopher Reeve: Son Announces ‘Incredible Progress’ In Spinal Cord Injury Research And Technologies http://t.co/KDo… about 6 days ago
- Issue #38-AAHD's weekly e-newsletter, Disability and Public Health in the Media, just released. http://t.co/QsVJurTKUJ 11:42 AM October 14