Learn more about Disability Research and Dissemination Center (DRDC)
Dedicated to improve overall health and reduce health disparities for people with disabilities through health promotion and wellness.
News to Use
Social Media Subscriber & Membership Drive: click here
AAHD – Disability & Health Journal, January 2017 issue available here
Affordable Care Act Revision – Preserving Protections for Persons with Disabilities…click here.
Time to Check Your Health Insurance…click here.
Disability and Public Health News….click here for weekly update.
US Access Board Approves New Rules for Accessible Medical Diagnostic Equipment – Learn more.
The Disability Research and Dissemination Center announces 2016 grantees. Learn more.
Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation releases Paralysis Briefs. Click here.
Visit CDC website to learn more about Zika prevention, transmission and symptoms.
AAHD and Susan Komen Foundation partner on breast health for women initiative. Learn more.
AAHD and Special Olympics Internationl collaborate on 5-year NCBDDD Cooperative Agreement. Learn more.
AAHD to partner with NCHPAD on 5-year NCBDDD Cooperative Agreement. Learn more.
Visit AAHD’s National Disability Navigator Resources Collaborative to learn about ACA Enrollment and 2016 Community Outreach Collaboratives at www.nationaldisabilitynavigator.org
Community Health Inclusion Index (CHII), a New Evaluation Tool for Improving Inclusion of People with Disabilities in Community Health Initiatives
UWA – Healthy Aging Rehabilitation Research and Training Center (RRTC) view dissemination materials
AAHD 2017 Public Policy Priorities Read more
AAHD announces role as Strategic Partner for Washington State University (Spokane) – NIDLRR Collaborative on Health Reform and Independent Living (CHRIL)… Read more
NDNRC releases video series featuring important Affordable Care Act enrollment questions… more info
AAHD Launches 2017 Membership Campaign….click here.
“Communities in Action: Pathways to Health Equity”
January 11 National Academy of Medicine report and briefing
Learn more here.
“A Model Framework That Integrates Community & Clinical Systems for the Prevention & Management of Obesity & Other Chronic Diseases”
January 13 National Academy of Medicine discussion paper
Learn more here.
“Partnering To Improve Population Health: Exploring Effective Community-Based Organization and Health Care Models”
January 9 Center for Health Care Strategies blog
Learn more here.
A Blueprint for Primary Care Physicians in Adult Physical Disability Competency – New York City
Join AAHD Today to
Support the health and wellness of people with Disabilities through research, public awareness, education and advocacy.
- Subscription to the peer reviewed Disability and Health Journal, newsletters, and other publications
- Access to current scientific, programmatic and policy information through AAHD initiatives, Resource Center, and Website
- Representation on Capitol Hill, with federal agencies and on national coalitions
- Join the U.S. Access Board members & staff for a public briefing on three recent final rules-CART link: https://t.co/fT4hc0hrJE 07:33 AM January 06
- "Challenge yourself by learning something new. Research suggests that this may be particularly effective..." https://t.co/B48VlHUz7e 04:16 PM January 05
- RT @SecBurwell Uninsured Americans need to know this you haven’t missed your chance to #GetCovered. https://t.co/JBgFh5ktnR is still open 02:03 PM January 05