Learn more about Disability Research and Dissemination Center (DRDC)
and 2014 Research Opportunities at www.disabilityresearchcenter.com
Dedicated to improve overall health and reduce health disparities for people with disabilities through health promotion and wellness.
News to Use
“Referral and Resource Lists” helps ACA navigators identify additional resources to assist consumers with disabilities related to healthcare coverage. The fact sheet can be found here
AAHD - Disability & Health Journal, April 2014 issue available here.
More Fact Sheets added by NDNRC March 25, 2014.. click here.
National Disability Navigator Resource Collaborative (NDNRC) Releases New Fact Sheet: “Rehabilitation and Habilitation Services and Devices”
Webinar: ACA Implementation: National Disability Navigator Resource Collaborative, Thursday, March 6, 2014 12:00PM – 1:00PM. See PowerPoint.
Two New Fact Sheets added (February 20, 2014): “Getting and Using Health Plan Evidence of Coverage” and “Using Health Plan Customer Service”
AAHD Launches 2014 Membership Campaign….click here.
NCBDDD 2014 Research Opportunities…read more.
Disability and Public Health in Media….click here for weekly update.
“Getting the Right Health Care: How the NDNRC Can Help” Webinar – Thursday, January 30, 2:00pm EST, See PowerPoint.
Project Accessibility Launches Breast Health Resource Portal: www.project-accessibility-usa.org
AAHD to assist National Council on Aging (NCOA) Center for Healthy Aging, National Resource Center on Chronic Disease Self Management Learn more
Visit Healthcare.gov to learn about your state’s Health Insuance Market Places.
CDC: Disability and Health Data System Click here.
Arkansas-Illinois-Mississippi-Texas: Consistently Worst States for Serving Persons with Intellectual and Other Developmental Disabilities
Annual state ratings report by United Cerebral Palsy.
Learn more here.
United States Access Board: New Guidelines on ADA Access
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Learn more here.
May 15: Deadline for Comments on NIDRR R&T Center Priorities
National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR) April 15 announcement on rehabilitation research and training center priorities.
Learn more here.
Financing Prevention: Delivery System and Public Health Roles –California, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oregon, Texas, and Vermont
Join AAHD Today to
Support the health and wellness of people with Disabilities through research, public awareness, education and advocacy.
- Subscription to the peer reviewed Disability and Health Journal, newsletters, and other publications
- Access to current scientific, programmatic and policy information through AAHD initiatives, Resource Center, and Website
- Representation on Capitol Hill, with federal agencies and on national coalitions
- Issue #16-AAHD's weekly e-newsletter, Disability and Public Health in the Media, just released. http://t.co/LSkOIuPb4F about 1 day ago
- Issue #15-AAHD's weekly e-newsletter, Disability and Public Health in the Media, just released. http://t.co/KlaKeMfBgR 12:53 PM April 15
- Live in a state w/ its own marketplace? Go to @ndnrc & find out what its doing about enrollment extension http://t.co/FA5jromLNZ #GetCovered 09:51 AM April 10